Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Holiday Traditions

I love the holiday season! Just think of all the coffee flavor choices only available this time of year! Peppermint mocha, Gingerbread, Pumpkin spice...Yummmmy.

As we prepare to embark on our family travels, I have a confession. My husband and I have been in complete rebellion for cooking Thanksgiving turkeys. That's right. We don't make turkey for Thanksgiving. Actually, to be honest we don't cook ham or turkey at all during the holidays.

Even at a brief glance, I realize that we will have holiday dinners at least 7 times in the next 10 days. That's a lot of turkey, my friends. (And we are glad to eat it :) Who knows how many more events we will attend in December?!?

So in an effort to fully enjoy our holiday gatherings, we will once again be saving our turkeys and hams (purchased at holiday discounts) to cook in January. And when we show up at your doorstep, we will be ready for your yummy stuffing, sweet potatoes and fried turkey - happily!
As for my menu plan? We're having lasagna.

No comments: