Friday, December 19, 2008

It's a Friday

Most mornings I open a bag of fresh coffee beans and grind those babies down to a fine silt before tossing them in the coffee pot. I've been spoiled immensely by the delight of fresh grounds and a rich cup of java.

This morning at 6:00am when I opened my coffee cabinet, I was shocked to find the first shelf empty. The second shelf hold several kinds of sweeteners - granulated sugar, turbinado sugar, sugar I bought in Hawaii, Splenda, and the like. The first shelf is always reserved for bags of coffee beans, portable cups and lids.

This was going to be a problem.

After digging through the very top shelf of miscellaneous coffee related items, I found an unopened bag of coffee - PRE-GROUND! Oh the horror of it!

As the Director of Kitchen Services in our home I declared a state of emergency and determined that an exception must be made. I ripped the bag open and dumped coffee grounds into my coffee grinder. Maybe if I grind them again, it would taste the same.

I am here to tell you that it is most definitely NOT the same. For those of you who do not even know how to use a coffee grinder, you have my sympathies. You are missing out on something incredible.

My thought for the day: If tea leaves can tell the future, I wonder what my coffee grounds are telling me about what kind of day I'm going to have?

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Love your quiz! Great idea. Keep drinking the coffee and Write On!