Tuesday, December 23, 2008

What I learned at 7am

This morning two of my children have dental appointments. (Many of you already know where this is going.) Two months ago in a moment of total organization, I pulled out my calendar and agreed that I would have two teenagers in dental chairs by 8am on December 23rd.

What was I thinking?!?!

Though I am usually up this early, I had know way of knowing that I would be sick with the worst cold in history. I spent the night sniffling, sneezing, and coughing.. that was after I took the Nyquil!

In between kleenex, I had the joy of waking up two sleeping teens. "You have to get up now," I said in my sweetest, scratchy voice. "We have to go to the dentist."

Um... right.

So here I am, writing this post while two groggy kids growl while finding clothes to wear. It's going to be a grand day!

I think I'll stop by Starbucks.

No comments: